Meg Nunn Salver
hosted by South Port Golf Club
8-13 September 2019
Expression of interest -Team selection will made end of June
Meg Nunn Salver
The Meg Nunn Salver is a Queensland, annual state-wide match play event for low marker women. District teams consist of 6 players with 5 playing in each round. The winning District is presented with the Meg Nunn salver at the conclusion of the tournament and they take possession of it for the year.
- Handicap range – the maximum handicap is a GA Handicap of 16.0 for Meg Nunn Salver at the time of nomination. If the GA Handicap of a nominated player increases, her handicaps will be frozen at GA 16.0 for the tournament.
- A player’s eligibility to compete for a District is determined by the District where the player is handicapped.
- State Open Players and QAS students are ineligible for selection until two years have elapsed from that experience.
- Age is limited to 18 years and over.
- Players must be Australian citizens or have lodged citizenship application papers. Copies of the documents as submitted must be made available to the Tournament Director on request.
- A squad will be selected at the end of June.
- Golf North Qld will be supply team members with a uniform and accommodation and travel to attend Meg Nunn Salver.
- Team members may be required to contribute $150 towards travel and accommodation expenses.
- Team members will pay for their own food.
- Team members will be playing 6 rounds in 3 ½ days, the player must be fit enough to cope with the stress on her body and her mind. Age is not a problem as there has been a wide range of ages of team members over the years.
- The player must assure us that she can get leave from her work or commitments for the duration of the event.
- In the lead up to the tournament, it will be the player’s responsibility to notify GNQ Women’s Match of any injury or illness which may impact on their performance. In this instance GNQ Women’s
- Match reserves the right to appoint a replacement.
- Photos and a small write-up will be sent to GNQ Secretary for advertising on Facebook and Website
Team selection will be based on performance at GNQ events, Club Opens and club competitions over a calendar year on condition they meet the criteria Meg Nunn Salver requirements, will be considered.
Players will be required to play in one of the following events; GNQ Pennant Competition & GNQ Open OR 3 Club Opens.
Golf North Queensland would like to encourage all women, including players in our Western Districts, who meet the Meg Nunn Salver requirements to forward their Expression of Interest form to the Secretary.
Expressions of Interest Expression of Interest form to forms can be found on GNQ Website.
A Team Manager may be appointed by Womens Match.
GNQ Meg Nunn team shall be announced annually at GNQ Pennant Competition presentation.