R&A Level 2 Rules – Townsville CANCELLED
Unfortunately due to travel restrictions placed on Golf Australia staff, we will be unable to proceed with the Level 2 Rules Seminar this weekend. I apologise for the timing of the notice
All those interested in doing the Level 2 will need to complete the most recent Level 1 exam.
The link to the Rules Academy is here – https://www.randa.org/en/rulesacademy
Registration for event closes at Fri 13 Mar 2020 17:00.
Sun 22 Mar 2020 08:45 – Mon 23 Mar 2020 17:00
Townsville Golf Club, Benson Street Rosslea
The R&A Level 2 Rules Workshops are part of a new focus by Golf Australia on providing up-skilling opportunities for club Golf Operations officials including:
- Golf shop staff including Club Professionals and Trainees
- Club Captains
- Match Committee personnel
Please note clubs will be able to nominate 3 representatives at no charge, with registrations processed separately per person. Any further club or individual registrations will be at a cost of $150 per person.
Workshop Summary –
- Title: “R&A Level 2 Rules Workshop”.
- Component of The R&A’s international competition management and rules education framework.
- The Level 2 course is provided by Golf Australia as an upskilling opportunity for those club staff and Committee members who are closely involved in operating competitions and providing rules advice at the club level.
- Whereas the online Level 1 course (www.randa.org/en/rulesacademy) is designed for the everyday golfer, the Level 2 course builds on this basic Rules knowledge as well as introducing best-practice skills for delivering golf competitions.
- It is a two-day workshop (9am-5pm) delivered by a National Panel of expert presenters.
- A key part of the Level 2 school is the on-course ‘Practical Demonstration’ sessions. During these sessions attendees will be able to watch and/or ask questions, and deliver a role play ruling in front of the group to the presenter.
- As part of the Level 2 course, attendees will have the option to sit the Level 2 written examination (this is not compulsory but attendees are encouraged to attempt). The exam is 2 hours long and will take place on the second day.
- PGA members can obtain ACE credits in game development.
- A secondary objective of the Level 2 course is to serve as a component of the elite referee pathway.
Level of Knowledge for Attendees
Ideally attendees would have successfully completed a Level 1 School (either the online version – www.randa.org/en/rulesacademy; or the classroom version). Otherwise attendees would be expected to know the basics of the Rules.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided to all participants.